Got a question for our conservation agony aunt? Please use this form to submit a question and it may be answered on the show.
While a name is required it can be a pseudonym and you can also enter ‘Anonymous’ if you’d prefer. 🙂
NB: Please don’t ask treatment questions: we’re not a how-do podcast and Jane isn’t here to tell you how to treat your objects. Instead we welcome questions about other stuff. 🙂 Thanks for understanding!
Questions already answered:
- How can I include conservation in an exhibition context?
- Do you have any suggestions for getting started in the field of paper conservation? Do I need a full degree?
- How can I convince university admissions to give me a chance?
- Do you cut or do you tear your Christmas wrapping paper?
- What do you do when your professional confidence hits rock bottom?
- What do we do with a collection full of unlabelled natural history specimens and no in-house knowledge?
- How much should I charge per hour as a freelancer?
- Are the accreditation specialisms too narrow? Is accreditation necessary or just a wish from employers?
- What can I do to cope with mansplaining at work?
- Do you think my UK qualification will be any good overseas?
- As a conservator: how would you treat condition checking artwork and their frames?
- What’s the most important skill for a conservator?
- I’m currently a second year conservation student and thoughts are turning to Masters degrees. Would it be better to do a more general conservation MA in order to have more chance of getting work in the future or is a more specialised route the best one to follow?
- Am I too normal to become a conservator?
- I’m fed up with being poor. Should I stick with it? Will things improve? Should I sign up for that accountancy class?
- What should a student bring to university?