We’re joined by special guest host Fi White as we chat about filming in heritage settings: from bodice rippers and period dramas to music videos and news segments! Kloe interviews Wendy Somerville-Woodiwis about actors on trains, and Jenny talks to freelance filming conservator Kate Bertenshaw about the basics of film crew herding. Also tune in for a review of the film ’Those That, at a Distance, Resemble Another.’
04:11 Our experiences of filming
11:20 Set dressing and adapting the space
23:55 Why don’t we share filming experiences more?
30:07 Risks and rewards
36:43 Interview with Wendy Somerville-Woodiwis
49:10 Interview with Kate Bertenshaw
56:50 Review: ’Those That, at a Distance, Resemble Another’
– Sell Out? conference: http://www.sharemuseumseast.org.uk/events/event/6th-annual-ucm-share-collections-care-conference/
– The Colin Firth cake: https://variety.com/2020/tv/global/jane-austens-mr-darcy-was-turned-into-a-life-sized-cake-1234760208/
– Royal carriages in Station Hall: https://www.railwaymuseum.org.uk/whats-on/station-hall
– Kate’s LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/kate-bertenshaw-11b74724
– Trailer and information about ’Those That, at a Distance, Resemble Another’ (2019): https://jessicarinland.com/those
Hosted by Jenny Mathiasson, Kloe Rumsey, and Fi White.
Intro and outro music by DDmyzik used under a Creative Commons Attribution license.
Made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license.
A Wooden Dice production, 2020.