Join us for a WFH special as we consider the joys and challenges of working remotely: with Kloe furloughed and Jenny working from home it’s a strange time to be a conservator. We also ask West Dean College and Cardiff University about switching to remote teaching and what this means for students. Finally, tune in for a Dear Jane about hobby conservation and some armchair travel as Jenny takes us to Herculaneum for a book review!
00:02:44 News in very, very brief
00:04:41 What’s our situation?
00:19:25 So what can conservators do from home?
00:25:16 WFH tips and Dress Up Fridays
00:37:48 What are the universities doing?
00:58:41 Review: ’Herculaneum and the House of the Bicentenary – History and Heritage’
01:03:15 Dear Jane
– Van Gogh painting stolen from Dutch museum: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/mar/30/van-gogh-painting-stolen-from-dutch-museum
– Furlough definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furlough
– How to make the most of online meetings: https://icon.org.uk/news/icons-top-tips-for-remote-meetings
– 15 Ideas for Conservators at Home: https://icon.org.uk/news/icon-trustee-pierrette-squires-acr-15-ideas-for-conservators-at-home
– News in Conservation article on portfolios: https://www.iiconservation.org/content/news-conservation-issue-77-april-may-2020
– Museum & Heritage Workers (Instagram): https://www.instagram.com/IMWD2030
– Dr. Mariana Di Giacomo (Twitter): https://twitter.com/MarianaDGiacomo
– Herculaneum and the House of the Bicentenary – History and Heritage: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Herculaneum-House-Bicentenary-Heritage-Conservation/dp/1606066285
Hosted by Jenny Mathiasson and Kloe Rumsey.
Intro and outro music by DDmyzik used under a Creative Commons Attribution license.
Made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license.
A Wooden Dice production, 2020.