We get a little extra jolly with our festive co-host Emily O’Reilly as we open Christmas crackers with terrible jokes and rustly hats, attempt some predictions for the year ahead, do a conservation quiz, and play a game of deception. Tune in for a seasonal Dear Jane, a holiday tipple at the Benchwork Bar, and of course: a new conservation Christmas song!
04:02 The smouldering ruins of our 2020 predictions
08:28 Attempted predictions for 2021
11:28 Cracker time!
14:56 The Big Fat Conservation Quiz
27:50 Would I lie to you?
34:41 What’s in your tree?
43:32 What are we grateful for?
46:02 A Conservator’s White Christmas
49:54 Benchwork Bar: Scrapbook
52:48 Dear Jane
– Books found in Romanian (not German) basement: https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/18/stolen-books-worth-2-7m-found-in-romanian-basement-during-police-raid
– Darwin’s missing notebooks: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/nov/24/charles-darwins-notebooks-reported-stolen-from-cambridge-university
– Bubble lights video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5un4DdKQZvs
– CSP Music: https://www.instagram.com/csp_music/
– Go follow Amanda Richards for more conservation cocktails: https://twitter.com/ConserveItAll
A Conservator’s White Christmas (lyrics by Jenny Mathiasson and Kloe Rumsey; vocals by Chris from CSP Music)
I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
All archival and acid free
With safe exhibits within RH limits
To smiles in the gallery
I’m dreaming of a dry Christmas
The ones where ceilings never leak
May your stores be stable all week
May you find the blunder traps you seek
I’m dreaming of a safe Christmas
Just like the ones I’m hoping for
No objects missing and curators listen
Binning the last cotton glove
I’m dreaming of a clean Christmas
Without a health and safety fright
May your labs be cozy and bright
And may all your Christmases be right
Hosted by Jenny Mathiasson, Kloe Rumsey, and Emily O’Reilly.
Intro and outro music by DDmyzik used under a Creative Commons Attribution license. Additional music and sound effects by Audio Jungle, CSP Music, and Calum Robertson.
Made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license.
A Wooden Dice production, 2020.